At West Delray Veterinary, we believe that it is much easier to prevent diseases then it is to treat them. We also believe that every patient is an individual and has a unique set of circumstances that may inform us in what their specific preventative care needs might be. Factors that we may consider include breed, age, lifestyle, health status, diet, reproductive status, and even the accompanying human preference. We believe that medicine is not a “one size fits all” practice. As such, each patient will receive a tailored approach to best meet his or her preventative care needs. We take a team oriented approach, aiming to educate and empower you, our clients, to make the most educated decisions regarding your pets’ care based on a variety of factors. Examples of our wellness and preventive care services include:
- Annual or Bi-annual wellness exams- We firmly believe that regular exams are the best way to remain on top of your pet’s overall health and well being.
- Puppy, kitten, newly adopted pet care and coaching- we love meeting new puppies, kittens, and newly adopted adult pets too. We take the time to sit down and provide education and guidance on how to care for your new pet and answer any questions that you have.
- Nutritional guidance based on patient needs and client preference. We support a variety of approaches to nutrition, free of judgment. We like to help educate and guide clients based in their preferences and their pet’s needs.
- Herbal and Nutritional Supplements to help maintain optimal health and well-being. Supplementing your pet’s diet with certain supplements can help maximize their overall vitality and longevity.
- Tailored vaccine schedules to meet your pet’s basic needs. We feel that it is important to only give the minimum amount of inoculation to prevent disease and are very cautious about over-vaccinating. WDV follows the AVMA, AAHA, and CAPC guidelines for vaccination in our region and tailors them to your pet’s lifestyle.
- Routine blood monitoring to stay on top of internal organ function and immune function.
- Regular parasite screenings when necessary
- Tailored parasite prevention
- Exercise, wellness, and lifestyle coaching to keep your pet healthy and happy for as long as possible!
- Travel Health Certificates
Sometimes our pets experience sickness and injury. WDV is equipped to diagnose and manage the more than 90% of acute and chronic conditions that come through our doors. We utilize the diagnostic potential of Western medicine to identify the problem, and then take an integrative approach to treatment, making the best decision for your pet’s specific needs. In certain cases, we may engage a specialist or refer your and your pet to a more specialized facility for more advanced care. Common Conditions that we routinely manage include:
- Dermatologic conditions
- Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal diseases
- Neurologic conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Acute and chronic
- Kidney dysfunction
- Liver dysfunction
- Endocrine Diseases – Diabetes, thyroid disease, adrenal diseases (Cushing’s, Addison’s), and more
- Ophthalmologic diseases
- Comprehensive diagnostic laboratory monitoring and testing, utilizing IDEXX outside laboratory service and In-house blood analyzer for point of care use when necessary.
- Digital Radiology – We have state of the art, point of care technology that allows us to generate a digitized x-ray image on the computer for immediate answers and the ability transmit to clients, radiologist, and specialists upon need.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound – Full abdominal and thoracic scans to be able to visualize internal organs to better diagnose and treat disease.
- Blood pressure testing and monitoring.
- Cardiac electrocardiograms and echocardiograms – Studies heart function and rhythm for pre-anesthetic screening as well as diagnosing and treating disease.
We provide emergency care during regular business hours. If overnight care and monitoring is required, we may recommend to transfer to a 24-hour emergency and referral center like Palm Beach Veterinary Specialists, Veterinary Emergency Group, or Coral Springs Animal Hospital. If the emergency occurs after WDV regular hours, please call or visit one of the above-mentioned facilities. Read More
West Delray Veterinary offers general and elective, soft tissue, and orthopedic surgical services. Common procedures include:
- Acute injury/laceration repairs
- General soft tissue surgery – mass removals, exploratory laparotomies, gastrotomies/enterotamies,
- General orthopedics – WDV works closely board certified veterinary surgeon that performs most orthopedic surgeries in our state of the art facility.
- In-house and external referral to surgical specialists
- Post-surgical recovery plans