At West Delray Veterinary, we have a soft spot and special interest in caring for our senior pet patients. We all want to keep our loved ones with us as long as we can. Just like in other life stages, senior and geriatric pets require unique approaches to wellness, prevention, monitoring, and medical care in order to maximize their overall health, well-being, and longevity. Common considerations that we take with specialized senior care include:
- Wellness check ups twice a year (or more if needed)
- Systemic bloodwork/urine/hormone analysis twice a year to monitor internal organ function
- Annual cancer screening imaging- Ultrasounds/Digital Radiography
- Detailed nutrition and supplement counseling for energy, vitality, and immune health
- Detailed fitness and wellness plans to promote the active senior pet
- Physical rehabilitation, Massage, and Acupuncture for overall comfort, mobility, health and well-being.
- If you have a beloved senior or geriatric pet, please stop by and introduce us!!
Hospice/End of Life Care
Having to make the difficult decision to say goodbye to a beloved family member is a difficult reality that we may have to make for our pets. At West Delray Veterinary, we consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to provide guidance and assistance in making this hard decision. We have a dedicated comfort room to be able to facilitate the appropriate healing space needed for clients navigate and process these difficult decisions. Read More