Did you know that there are different stages of dental disease?
- Inflammation at the gum line
- Plaque Accumulation
- All symptoms in stage one plus …
- The tartar that mineralization of plaque
- Bad breath
- Volatile Sulfur Compounds
- Early periodontal disease
- All symptoms in stage two plus …
- Pustular discharge
- Slight to moderate bone loss
- Advanced Periodontitis
- All symptoms in stage three plus …
- Deep pockets of infection
- Severe bone loss
Dental care is an important part of your pet’s overall health. Left untreated, dental disease can lead to problems within the mouth such as pain, bad breath, and tooth loss but can also cause disease elsewhere in the body, like the heart and kidneys. While your veterinarian can diagnose and treat these problems, it is preferable to avoid them if possible. Steps you can take to maintain your pets oral health.